Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Tales of a Traveler (and her parents)-Stop 1: Connecticut


We left Utah the end of December with some anticipation for the long trip we were embarking on...but it was fantastic to be able to travel around and see a lot of our family and friends. Our first stop was Connecticut.
Here is Miss Rose early in the morning with her North-Eastern cousins. What a relaxing morning.
Here we are on the "baby mat" in the kitchen with Clara. This was a favorite spot because Amelia could see everything going on in the kitchen, dining room and downstairs family room!
Ah, New Years! We rang in the New Year by playing the Enchanted Forest game and setting off Chinese poppers!

 The poppers came with these fantastic crowns.
We also went ice skating. We did not want to skate with Miss Rose so we took turns. I have long had the fear that I will fall over while skating and someone will skate off my fingers. Think how much worse I would feel if they skated off my daughters fingers? She stayed on solid ground.
 
Here we all are after a great skating session. 
It snowed while we were there (and apparently it has not stopped since) but Amelia had fun outside admiring the snowman and watching Jim pull the kids around on the sled.
Snow Time!
Here is Amelia on the guest room bed. Sarah has one of the best guest rooms ever. It makes me feel like I am staying in the gabled room from Anne of Green Gables. I love it! I have not idea why it always reminds me of that. Thanks Sarah and Jim and family, we loved our time with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment