Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Amelia's Castle

 A few weeks ago we were privileged to have a visit from Grandpa Dibb because tax season was over. While he was here we did a few fun things, but none has given such great pleasure as the castle that he built Amelia out of moving boxes. She was not too sure of it at first, but about a week after he left, I had left Amelia in the family room playing while I started dinner and I called down to check on her and got no response, and so I went to check on her and I could not find her. Then I heard some faint sounds from the castle and there she was...completely loving her castle. Here are some pictures:
What is he doing in there? 
The Castle Overview: it has multiple tunnels and a look out. 
This was the first time we put her in it.



Here she is enjoying it with Dad. She is in her swiss dress because we were supposed to be at the Sound of Music Sing-a-long this night, but they cancelled it. Apparently it was too hot for outdoor events! (Just kidding, they gave no explanation for the rescheduling at all.)

Alan went through the tiny connecting tunnel between these two tunnels and I though he was going to get stuck, so I was taking pictures.

Here is Amelia playing in the look out tower!

This is where I found her that day. Just hanging out in her castle. Thanks  Grandpa Dibb!

2 comments:

  1. These pictures are so cute. Great work, Grandpa Dibb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite the castle! Looks like Amelia thoroughly enjoyed it.
    Way to go on the acid wash. Looked like a very involved project, but now you know how to do it!
    How nice to have a pool in your backyard.
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete